16 Bean Soup
This is a healthier alternative to the traditional Mexican black bean soup. I love how flavorful this soup is and filling. This soup has 16 different beans, giving you the benefits of so many ingredients! I like rinsing my beans and letting them sit overnight the day before. If you don't have time to let the beans sit overnight, increase the Instant Pot cooking time to 45 minutes.
- Pinto Beans, Small Red Beans, Pink Beans, Red Kidney Beans, Great Northern Beans, Baby Lima Beans, Large Lima Beans, Black eye Peas, Small White Beans, Black Beans, Whole Green Peas, Yellow Split Peas, Green Split Peas, Lentils, Chick Peas, Pearl Barley.
I also use Arrow Root instead of Cornstarch to help thicken this soup. Arrow Root helps boost immunity and improve digestion.
1 bag 16 bean soup blend from Goya
4 cups vegetable stock
4 cups water
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 small shallots, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 yellow carrots, peeled and chopped
1 Bay leaf
2 teaspoon Oregano
1 teaspoon Turmeric
2 teaspoon Spices and Tease Aleppo Pepper
2 teaspoon Spices and Tease Special Vegetable Seasoning
1 can 14oz Muir Glen Organic crushed tomatoes
Juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoons of Feel Good Organic Arrow Root powder
1 small avocado
Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Rinse beans and let them sit overnight. If you don't have time to let the beans sit overnight, increase instant pot cooking time to 45 minutes.
- Heat Instant Pot and choose the sautee setting.
- Add green peppers and carrots and sautee for 2 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic and sautee until translucent.
- Add beans, vegetable stock, and water.
- Add in oregano, turmeric, Aleppo pepper, vegetable seasoning, and bay leaf.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and set for manual high pressure 25 minutes.
- Set the valve to SEAL.
- Cook soup for 25 minutes.
- Release pressure naturally and remove lid.
- Stir in tomatoes, lime juice, and salt to taste.
- Mix arrow root powder with 1 tablespoon water. Add to soup mixture and mix in.
- Add avocado and chopped onions (for and extra crunch) on top and serve!
Comment below and share! What are your favorite soup alternatives?